28 September 2022
29 September 2022
If you have missed our inspiring ICC PreCOP Forum, watch the recording here:
Political will and leadership will be necessary to set the world on course to achieve the Paris goals through a successful and ambitious COP27 – one that sustains the promise of Glasgow of keeping 1.5 alive, delivers for those most vulnerable to climate change and provides the clarity business really needs to go faster and further.
Despite enormous current challenges in global security and supply chains, companies continue to work towards the 1.5° path and to invest into sustainable transformation.
Against this background, the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) – the institutional representative of 45 million businesses of all sizes and sectors and in over 100 countries and ICC Germany – organized the 6th ICC PreCOP Forum on September 28-29, 2022 in Düsseldorf (hybrid).
The main focus of this year’s forum was on implementation and impact.
Distinguished representatives of the UNFCCC and the UN High-Level Climate Champions team, German Government, the private and financial sector as well as academia and civil society exchanged ideas and insights on the role of global business in global climate and environmental protection.
Together we discussed such urgent questions as energy security and technologies, mobilizing business and finance for adaptation, socially inclusive transition, carbon markets and climate clubs.
Please find here the whole agenda of the event.
Wednesday, 28th September 2022
3:00 pm Opening Remarks virtual
- Nicolo Salsano, CEO, HSBC Germany
- Dr. Holger Bingmann, Chairman ICC Germany
3:15 pm High-Level Keynotes virtual
- Jennifer Morgan, State Secretary and Special Envoy for International Climate Action, Federal Foreign Office
3:30 pm Looking ahead on climate: How do we move forward on the crossroads of crises? virtual
- Jennifer Morgan, State Secretary and Special Envoy for Internation Climate Action, Federal Foreign Office
- Philippe Varin, First Vice Chair, International Chamber of Commerce
- Nicolo Salsano, CEO, HSBC Germany
- Conor Barry, Manager of Engagement subdivision, Communications & Engagement division, UNFCCC
Moderation: Oliver Wieck, Secretary General ICC Germany
5:00 pm Spotlight: EY Policy brief „The invisible gap – 1.5°C aligned carbon pricing schemes needed“ by Robert Seiter, EY virtual
5:30 pm Evening Reception at HSBC Germany on-site
Thursday, 29th September 2022
09:30 am Opening Remarks & Recap from Day 1 virtual
- Keynote: Dr. Rania A. Al-Mashat, Minister of International Cooperation, Egypt
10:00 am Mobilizing businesses and finance for adaptation virtual
- Dr. Rania A. Al-Mashat, Minister of International Cooperation, Egypt
- Dr. Martin Frick, Director Global Office Berlin, WFP
- Dr. Cristina Alonso Alija, SVP, Head of Sustainability, Bayer AG
- Matthias Kopp, Head of Sustainable Finance, WWF
Moderation Katarin Wagner, Head of Sustainability, HSBC Germany
11:00 am Coffee Break
11:30 am Beyond numbers: how can we ensure a socially inclusive & just transition virtual
- Gautam Narasimhan, Global Lead for Climate, Energy and Environment, UNICEF
- Bettina Reinboth, Director of Human Rights & Social Issues, Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
- Florian F. Woitek, Policy Officer, Just Transition Team, Directorate-General for Energy, European Commission
Moderation: Roxanna Noll, econsense
12:00 am Lunchbreak
02:00 pm Video Spotlight virtual
- Mona Neubaur, Minister for Economic Affairs, Industry, Climate Protection and Energy of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia
02:30 pm Carbon markets – where do we go from here? virtual
- Chris Webb, Head of Carbon Markets and Innovation, HSBC Group
- Wendy Miles QC, Barrister, Twenty Essex Chambers & Co-Chair, ICC Global Working Group on Carbon Pricing
- Jacob Bourgeois, Operative Strategie & Innovation, Volkswagen ClimatePartner GmbH
Moderation: Florian Huber, Co-Founder and Lead EY Carbon
03:30 pm Coffee Break
04:00 pm Industry and hydrogen partnerships: opportunities and remaining barriers for global decarbonisation efforts virtual
- Dr. Sebastian Vogel, Head of Hydrogen Strategy, RWE Generation SE
- Daria Nochevnik, Director Policy & Partnerships, Hydrogen Council
- Stephan Poth, Senior Project Manager, International Hydrogen Ramp-up Programme (H2-Uppp), GIZ
- Martijn Coopman, Program Manager International Hydrogen Supply Chains, Port of Rotterdam
Moderation: Dr. Carsten Rolle, Head of Energy and Climate-Policy Department, BDI
05:00 pm Closing Remarks virtual
- Oliver Wieck, ICC Germany